Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hello!

Thank you Vonna for setting up this blog, it is the impetus I need to start acquiring the rest of the charts in the series before they go OOP...

I know I said in my blog I won't be doing any new starts for 2010, and will be concentrating on my UFOs and finishing, but I reckon if I make a start on the PS alphabet now it will count as a UFO for 2010, won't it? :o)

Anyway, to introduce myself to those I haven't yet 'met' - my name is Nic, I'm 40 and I live in Sheffield, England. I've been stitching and knitting for more years than I care to remember and I blog about my crafting (and designing) over at A Girl As Mad As Birds. The title of my blog comes from a Dylan Thomas poem, as I'm studying for a degree in Literature and Creative Media. I'm in year 4 of a six year course. When I'm not studying or crafting, I have to go out to work - I'm a Community Project Manager for a circus theatre company. I share a small apartment with my partner, who I refer to as The Hermit, and two guinea pigs.

For this project, I think I'm going to stitch the smaller part of each of the blocks into two bell pulls, which may require a bit of jiggery-pokery with the charts. I'm also going to stitch them over two, because over one with my ageing eyesight ain't gonna happen ... I will probably also stitch my favourite charts in full.

Hopefully, the first set of charts I need will arrive by the weekend - Sewandso are great like that - and I can get cracking!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Nic,
I LOVE your idea about just doing the smaller parts for each letter! I've been stewing on this project for a while -- couldn't figure out how I wanted to arrange the blocks and not end up with a HUGE piece. This is the "thinking-outside-the-box" breakthrough I needed!
Jeanne :)

Katherine said...

Welcome Nic - Your blog name is intriguing; I'll have to check it out. Looking forward to seeing your progress.