Saturday, December 5, 2009

Here's mine

I went to the all day stitch-in with my cross stitch group today and started working on mine. I'm stitching mine with the suggested DMC floss on 32 count Belfast 1 over 1. It's slow going for me, I haven't done much 1 over 1, it took me about 4 hours to finish the little bit that I did, well, there was a lot of yapping and gabbing going on too! Here's a photo.

Not the greatest picture, I am still learning how to use this new camera. I was surprised in going through my cross stitch projects that with starting this one I only have 3 WIPs. I think though that I am going to work on just this one until I finish it. It's a fun little project!

7 comments:

Alice said...

That is beautiful! You must have great eyes!

Sandy said...

Yapping and gabbing will definitely hold a person up. LOL! Your start looks super, though. Yeah, over one is slow going, isn't it? But the results will be well worth it!!

Julie said...

Looks good, Beth. I'm about as far as you only I went to the right instead of the sails on the left. The 1 over 1 will take awhile. That's what I'm doing too.

Katherine said...

Great Job Beth!

Deb said...

It looks great Beth. I got just about as far as you this morning. The 1 over 1 does take awhile. I started on 32 count and then switched over to 28 count - it became a little easier.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Great start Beth :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great Beth! Now you just have to get me started.... I am still in the debating about fabric stage :o)