Monday, December 21, 2009

K and U

Here are K and U.





And here is the whole thing so far.




I used 221 for the red in the K block.  I also had to lighten up most of the colors in the cat. 

Also, I don't know how many of you have been reading the comments.  But Deb brings up a good point in the spacing of the blocks.  (A bit too late for me, but I'll survive.)   The N block is 74 stitches wide.  Deb took the time to check the picture that we were all inspired by, and the spacing on that is to leave 2 stitches between the top and bottom of the blocks and to leave 4 stitches between the sides of the blocks.  Where a block is 101 stitches tall (instead of 100), you just leak into the allowance up top.  Where the block is 72 to 74 stitches wide (instead of 70), you overflow into the margins.  Clear as mud, right?  :D  But I thought you all might want to know that.  Thanks Deb, for figuring that out!!!

Happy holidays, everyone!  I'm thinking about taking a bit of a break from the Alphabets, so we'll see.
Margaret

12 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW - you have made so much progress! It is just beautiful - love your changes. Mine should be arriving in the mail anyday and then I can start on it.

Thanks for pointing out the size difference - Deb is great at the detailed stuff!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how fast you are completing yours! I am still plugging along on the "S" block! I will have to remember that info on the spacing when I eventually start another block!

Robin said...

Your needle is on fire! Yu are flying along. Beautiful progress!

Laurie in Iowa said...

It looks fabulous Margaret!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching is just beautiful and you have a great eye for color. :o)

Deb said...

I'm glad that I even counted all those blocks out and checked the picture. I don't know how well it's going to help me. I've already made the first block one space taller than it should be! I guess I can't count! But I'm going to go with the two spaces in between rows and four between columns and hope for the best.

Once again Margaret, you're blowing me away with how quickly you're getting these stitched! Do you think that you could post your color changes for us. I changed one on my first block (for the letter A so it would show up better and I'll post that when I take a pic).

Katherine said...

Wow, Margaret! I'm choking on the dust you've left me behind in! Completely understand what you said about lightening the colors up.

The Scarlett House said...

Fabulous, Margaret! The rest of us aren't worthy to be in your stitching presence. Remember all the details of the margins...you know I'll be asking you later, lol.

Brenda said...

Wow, Margaret! You are so speedy and your stitching is beautiful. Thanks for explaining about the spacing, I have been trying to think how to handle it and now I know.

Alice said...

Wow. That looks so wonderful! I love the vacant look in that cat's eyes. You are making such good progress that you will be half done before I even start! I have all my charts, and am waiting until after Christmas to get my fabric. It just got away from me again this year. I will be watching closely for those margin instructions.

Caroline said...

Wonderful work so far! I love your progress pictures - I am anxious for the business around here to settle down so I have some dedicated stitching time. Thank you for your update and inspiration!

JOLENE said...

How wonderful!!!! I have all the charts to stitch this and yours, my dear, makes me wish I had joined in. You have completed so much and it is delightful!!! I have told myself "no SAL" until I finish the first one "Sail Away" which, at this point, won't be completed until summer. I like stitching projects according to the season. So, until then, I will watch yours and all the others progress, this should be so fun!!!