Thursday, January 14, 2010

Progress on D is for Drum

I've been working on this since New Year's Day and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our weather today finally allowed me outside for more than 5 seconds. We still have some snow on the ground and the Winterberry Holly looks great against it. I have changed to overdyed cottons and brightened or lightened the colors. I also switched some colors around so they'd stand out either against the coffee color of my linen or the dark brown (particularly in the letter block). I'm very pleased with the results. I am a member of the NSDAR and can say without equivocation that this is my favorite letter block of the entire alphabet. Overdyed cottons used are GA Presidential Blue, GA Schoolhouse Red, GA Grecian Gold, GA Dark Chocolate, GA Maple Syrup, CC Snowball, WDW Envy, and WDW Moss. I will post my entire color conversion chart on my blog.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Very Nice Katherine :) Your photo is beautiful!