Monday, February 6, 2012

My Itty Bitty Start

Prairie Schooler "N"
My picture is crummy and doesn't do the colors justice =(
I have had a slow start and even slower progress, but here is what I have so far.

I am stitching all of the letters on one piece of 25 ct Potato Lugana fabric, using the charted DMC floss in a 1 x 1.

I am finding this WIP to be a very fun challenge, and I can't wait to sit down each day to work on it some more!

I will keep you updated on my progress.

I am just awed by everyone's progress as I now see how much it entails, and I especially adore your personal touches....brilliant!

Thanks for allowing me to join you all.

10 comments:

cucki said...

Aww I love it so much xxx

carol fun said...

It looking great! I started this doing over 2 but it is such a huge piece I think I'm going to go back and restart it over one. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie said...

Very nice start.

Unknown said...

Such a great start and they are an extremely enjoyable stitch, its great seeing how different everyones is going to be.

Pamela said...

Hi - I am trying to figure out how big of piece of fabric to purchase. Is there a listing of what others are using for this? I looked thru the older posts, but I don't see any information. I am waiting for the patterns to arrive and can't wait to get started. Thanks so much for any help.

Karyn said...

Thanks :) I have been following everyone's lead...you are all so talented!

Pamela...I am using a 25 ct Lugana 1x1 and it's 1/2 yard (I bought 1 yard 55" x 36" and cut it in half) I got it from 123stitch.com

Hugs
Ma Teakettle

teresa said...

you are off to a great start!

Pamela said...

Ma Teakettle - Thanks so much for your help. I am ordering fabric today. Motivated to get going!

Sandy said...

That's adorable. Are you doing an alphabet thing, squares?

Alice said...

Just think, you are that much closer to being done! This block looks so cute.