Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beat the Drum...

I'm still working on this - not much, to be honest, because I'm working on my own freebie January Biscornu and Fob - and I had to take a break to do a bit of re-design ...


So far, I've been lucky - my borders have matched up first time on each block - hope this continues!



Slow progress... the colours on these pictures aren't great because of the artificial light - the low energy fluorescents give a very yellow cast...






This next picture shows the first change I've made - the eagle is now a Golden Eagle, and not a Bald Eagle. Apart from the fact that in the UK, we don't have Bald Eagles, I'm afraid I can't take them seriously - too much Muppet Show when I was young! Basically, I've swapped the colour of the eagle and the arrow - so this block with have less 3371 than most of the other blocks, but I don't think it will throw the balance off too much.


The other amendments I'm going to make are to put a Scottish flag in the box, and a Lion Rampant in the shield - these are all charted out, just need to be worked now!

1 comment:

Dancing With Pussycats said...

I really like your Golden Eagle. What nice personal touches you've added!