Monday, February 22, 2010

The Count is In

This has to do with the correct width count of the letter charts.  As Margaret stated back in December, GHI, JKL & PQR do not have their width correctly stated.

Specifically, H is 72 wide - the flower tips; JKL are each 72 - flowers and leaf edges; and P is 72 where bird tails and the bottom of the cage all extend beyond the cartouche.  Additionally, I had discovered and noted that E is 71 where the top of the chair extends outside the design area.  But, wait, there's more!  Last night I found that N is really 74; birds tails again.  I hadn't noticed it, but M goes over as well, by two, making it 72 - fingertips of the mermaid.  O has leaf edge problems too, making it 72.  V is 71 - upper left corner the leaf edge and vine go over.  X is 72 with flower tips, table top and leg and again, chair top causing problems.  And, finally, Y is over by one, making it 71 - the yarn loops take it outside area of the cartouche by one.

So, to recap, that's letters E, H, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, V, X, and Y that have problems with their widths.  ALSO, L, J and H (caught by Margaret) are 101 high.  I counted all the rest and only came up with U to add to that list.  Thanks to Margaret and Nic for their help earlier.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Thanks for the list, Katherine. I'm going to have to fake it when it comes to the row with the N in it. Too bad! lol! I need to get back to this. I love all your colors! But I'm already committed to the DMC so I'll just have to admire.

Nic said...

Thank you for working this out for us!

Teresa S. said...

Wow! That was hard work-but great to know before we get too far along. Thanks for all your efforts!

Vonna said...

My head hurts....I'm just stitching and leaving 5 stitches between each one top and bottom and if there are a couple in the margin, I'm not going to worry about it.
It can't be this hard.

marylin said...

Hello, my name is marylin, and I write you of FRANCE.
I like very much your realizations, everything is very attractive Come to see my embroidery I shall be enchanted to receive you on my blog!
Amities of marylin FRANCE

Mips said...

I have been trimming every block to 70 by 100. The trims of 1 row are not difficult. More than that will be a little tricky. Thank you for the heads up. I am not that far from tacking N - IF I ever get past the Jack O'Lantern.