Monday, October 20, 2014

First Row is Complete!

I was delighted to put the final stitch in I is for Indian today, as that means I have finished the first row.  Hoorah! I started this project mid-January 2015.  It takes me about one month to stitch a block.



I am stitching it on 36ct Belfast linen in a raw colour.  I am using mostly the recommended DMC threads in 2 over 2.  It is a devine project. I cannot wait to start the next row.  I will be stitching J is for Jack O'Lantern over Halloween which is perfect timing.



I hope you enjoy my photos. How are your alphabets going out there fellow readers?

Jan x

9 comments:

cucki said...

Wow well done dear xx

Jacqueline Morris said...

Wow really stunning so far, cannot wait to see what it looks like complete.
Smiles :)

Angie Burrett said...

It's looking good - so much fun to sew!

Rita said...

Beautiful!

Jan Gartlan said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jan, I am in awe of your beautiful work. The colors simply pop when stitched alphabet next to the other. One row down is incentive to complete the next. Have fun through the winter months! Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth

Kevin said...

Jan, this looks incredible! Congrats on finishing your first row across. Keep up the beautiful work as I love to see your updates.

tjhuff said...

Jan, I am just getting started on the alphabet and am not sure how far to space each design to make them come out even. I am stitching 3 rows of each. Thanks, Tammie

tjhuff said...

Oops- thats 3 rows of 9 in each row.