Sunday, November 2, 2014

I Spy an ABC


It turns out Col. Mustard was a bigger culprit than first imagined. My yard of fabric simply did me in! But I have so admired the beautiful samplers I have watched take shape on the pages of this blog, that I had to devise a stitching plan that would work for me.


I do hope you will allow me to share my progress on my I Spy ABC sampler. Within the borders of my 13"x13", 28ct Natural Raw linen square, I will have something from each pattern represented. Some of the motifs will be stitched over one thread, such as the pumpkin and the crab seen in this photo, (sans the crumb the little crab has latched on to). The actual alphabet letters will be placed in the open spaces.


By the way, has anyone else wondered why the "F" for Fox has such long ears? It seems this sampler continues to be filled with mystery! I hope you will enjoy watching my sampler unfold.
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Margaret said...

This is a wonderful idea and I so look forward to watching your progress! So creative and fun!

cucki said...

wow its a great idea my dear..looking so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
happy stitching x

Unknown said...

A fabulous idea Elizabeth! It looks so good.
Jan (www.threadgarden.blogspot.com)

Kevin said...

How creative! I love your idea and look forward to seeing your progress on this project. Looks great so far!