Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I am really not "all talk" after all!  ;)  I finally started my Prairie Schooler ABC sampler two weeks ago on Wednesday, April 19th.  I am stitching it on 36 count cream linen (sorry photo does not reflect colors properly), 1 over 2. 

I am using DMC thread and have found that I need to substitute a few colors.  The called-for red is really very brown.  I want a dark red, a colonial red, if you know what I mean.  I have tried DMC 221 and DMC 498.  I would prefer a shade between the two ("of course", because I am never able to be pleased?!).  I have used both reds so far with the idea that I will frog one and replace it with the one I am settled upon, once I decide.  (The  crab is in DMC 22, and I do like how it looks.  I prefer the DMC 498 used for the berries in the B block).  I have also had to substitute the gold DMC 420 with DMC 680, the light gold DMC 3828 with DMC 676, and will be substituting something for the called-for pink.  If I were more particular, I would have also replaced some of the greens - there is not enough contrast between the called-for threads on the fish in the A block, but after all the frogging and changing I have already done, it looks good enough for me, so I am pressing on.

I am very excited about this project.  I look forward to sharing this journey with you!  :)


cucki said...

Aww so pretty cute
Sending you love and hugs x

KrissKross said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Cucki! I am hoping to post an update this week... I started block E today! :)