Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Wonderful Conclusion


I thought this day would never come, but here it finally is with the most wonderful sense of conclusion. I am so thankful to have stumbled across the beautiful work of so many women who came together to stitch the Prairie Schooler Alphabet.


I wanted my sampler to reflect my love of mystery and the thrill of discovery; and came up with the idea of an I Spy an Alphabet theme.


Hidden within my 15" x 15" margins, (28ct Natural Linen), are 26 Alphabet Letters, 26 Alphabet Words, 26 Spelling Bees, and 26 Alphabet Motifs all taken from the original patterns. So can you find them all?

 
I tell you I make my own self giggle as I come up short each time I try and count the bees! I will tell you I have been tricky with my purposeful misleading placement of words and motifs. There is one glaring mistake in the sampler that is original to the patterns. Did everyone catch it as they stitched? It took me awhile to notice.


Spoiler Alert: Here are the answers:

WORDS:  Arrow, Bark, Compass, Dog, Eagle, Flag, Grape, Hour, Indian Corn, Joy, Key, Leaf, Moo, Nest, Oriole, Pineapple, Quip, Rain, Soar, Tweet, Umbrella (2, Because you always need a backup!), Vine, Welcome, X-Stitch, Yarn, Zinnia.
MOTIFS: A-anchor, B-bee hive, C-compass, D-dog, E-eagle, F-flag (Backwards per original pattern), G-grapes, H-Heart-in-Hand, I-Indian, J-Jack-o-Lantern, K-kitty, L-leaf, M-moon, N-next, O-owl
(In tree.), P-pineapple, Q-quilt block, R-radish, S-sewing basket, T-thistle, U-umbrella, V-vine (Parrot's cage), W-watering can, X-X-Stitch (The Entire Piece!), Y-yarn, Z-zinnia.

Thank you so much ladies for letting me join in on the fun that is the Prairie Schooler ABC Bee. It was a joyful experience. Elizabeth


13 comments:

Margaret said...

This is just a masterpiece! I love it! Congratulations on the finish!

Zoe said...

This is amazing. Beautiful job.

carol fun said...

This is magnificient! I am in awe!

Barb said...

Beautiful and very creative! You are such an inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

(I'm currently stitching all of them - 3 rows across and 9 rows down - as a very large sampler. )

Jacqueline Morris said...

WOW!! WOW!! and WOW!!
How talented are you!!
This is wonderful and oh so much fun too!!
I love love love it!!
You have created something really special, congratulations :)
Smiles :)

Rita said...

Congratulations on finishing this wonderful project. Gorgeous!

Loraine said...

What a wonderful finish!! I love the creativity you used. Fabulous job!

Maria del Valle said...

Congratulations by a Beautiful finish!!

Jan Gartlan said...

Well done!!! It is amazing

Melissa B said...

How wonderful!! You inspire me to *start mine! Mel

Susan said...

This is a STELLAR representation of the Prairie Schooler alphabet series! You have fabulous vision and I love how you have taken your favorite motifs from each leaflet and made your own unique one-of-a-kind sampler. BRAVO! A+! AMAZING! I LOVE THIS! YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

wow this is amazing ,well done on your beautiful finish xx

Annie with the ducks said...

I LOVE THIS! What a great idea to do this.